Crustless Pumpkin Pie - A Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe

Who doesn't love pumpkin pie? I love it. But the traditional pie runs about 450 calories per slice. Yikes! I only get 1500 calories a day. OK, maybe 1800 if I get some exercise in. But you can see where that does not leave much wiggle room in the whole day!

So here is what I do: I don't try to deprive myself or do without, I make my own pumpkin pie! And a healthy one at that! I make it the week before, and eat it all week! By the time I get to the Thanksgiving Day dinner, I am sick of the pumpkin pie and have no desire for it and definitely not feeling deprived! Of course, I eliminate the crust and use 1/2 the sugar that a normal pie would have.

Pie

Do you happen to know if pumpkin is a vegetable or a fruit? Technically speaking, according to wiki answers, it is a fruit because a pumpkin is a fleshy plant that has seeds in it and comes from a flower... It is from the gourd family. And pumpkin is high in fiber so it helps clean out the sludge in your system.

Just a few good reasons to justify eating it all week long.

This strategy works. It has been tested by many and has been successful.

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

2 eggs

1 can of pumpkin

1/2 cup sugar ( or equivalent of stevia)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp cloves

1/2 tsp ginger

1 can evaporated skimmed milk

Beat eggs, add pumpkin, blend together. Add sugar and seasonings and blend well.

Then add evaporated milk and pour into 9" pie plate. Bake in preheated over at 425 for first 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 and bake another 40-50 or until knife comes out clean when you stick it in the middle of the pie.

Author's note: I use stevia in a lot of recipes, and it is fine. For some reason, it seems to have a bitter taste in the crustless pumpkin pie and I wind up using more redi whip. So, I prefer regular cane sugar for this recipe.

Cranberry Relish

1 bag whole cranberries

1 large or 2 medium oranges, rinds included

1/2 cup sugar or equivalent of stevia

In food processor, keep mixing cranberries and cut up oranges. You will get a coarse textured product. Add sugar and blend. Let sit for at least 4 hours before serving.

Cranberry Mold

1 can whole berry cranberry sauce

1 pkg sugar free jello

1 cup water

16 oz. can pineapple in its own juice

Boil water, dissolve jello in it, add cranberry sauce and blend. Then add your pineapple and juice.

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

You can add more fruit or chopped walnuts to this mix and its very tasty. Or enjoy as a dessert with some cool whip topping.

Crustless Pumpkin Pie - A Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe

If you are ready to start your journey towards learning better habits and better recipes, I invite you to claim your copy by Downloading my FREE Special Report on "Sugar Solutions That Work" by visiting Crush Sugar Cravings where you can learn how different foods are affecting your appetite and health.

Friends Link : What is Nutrition BBQ Recipe